![]() |
| Extreme close up of K and I. |
1. Singing "One Small Voice" together approximately 100 times a year for four years. I still remember the words and now have it stuck in my head.
2. When a "big, fat nothing" happened when we did basketball stats together. I was the computer person for stats and Kristen was the spotter. She would tell me what was happening so I could track it on the computer program, and often, a lot would happen so I would be looking down and I would miss things, so she would fill me in. But sometimes, there would be a lot of pandamonium while I was looking down but there would nothing for me to track. When I would ask her what just happened, she would say "Big, fat nothing."
3. Joining Gamma Phi Beta. Tomorrow marks our nine-year anniversary of our Bid Day. I remember going to Preference Day and seeing Kristen (we went to Gamma Phi in separate parties) and yelling "Happy Birthday"across campus.
![]() |
| Bid Day our Senior year |
4. My 21st birthday. Kristen took care of me that night after I had had a little too much to drink. She even put my hair in a ponytail for me (which I told her wasn't high enough and she had to do again). I think I still owe her a bajillion dollars from that night...
![]() |
| Love this picture! |
5. Fall semester of our senior year. We spent a lot of time together, and with two great guy friends, Justin and Jeran. Things that stick out from that semester: Whitey's "beat the bartender" night, especially the night before classes started, scrambled eggs with Bacos, hottubbing, breaking into the guys' house and decorating their Christmas tree, and watching Elf together. I also believe this is when our
6. Shopping. Anytime I shop with Kristen is a good time because we are very similar shoppers. No wasting time - just get in and get out. Most of the time, Kristen doesn't even try things on! I love it!
7. 4th of July 2007. I called her the day before and said "Want some company?" She picked me up at 6am from the airport and we spent the morning in bed, followed by a fun trip to the Minnesota Zoo. It was a great improptu trip.
![]() |
| 4th of July 2007 in front of a fish tank at the MN Zoo. |
8. Girls Weekends. Twice a year, a group of us get together for a weekend. The weekends have calmed down a bit as we have gotten old- i.e., perusing kitchen stores in downtown Stillwater vs bar hopping in Uptown - but I love every second of them because I get to see my best friends. They are always fun, always full of shopping, and always full of surprises (this year, Kristen got appendicitis!).
![]() |
| Girls Weekend in Chicago - May 2008. |
9. Meeting Josh, Kristen's fiance. I met Josh the weekend our good friend Michelle got married. I knew immediately that 1. I liked him and 2. He was a great match for Kristen. Since then, I have gotten to know him better and I love, love, love Kristen and Josh together. I am so happy they are getting married.
![]() |
| Love them both! |
10. Kristen's wedding. Ok, so this hasn't happened yet, but it's coming up soon (12/31/2010) and I am SO excited! Kristen has asked me to be a bridesmaid (I, of course, said yes!), and I feel so blessed to be part of this very special day. Pictures of that event to come :-)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment