Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wedding Wednesday Guest List Stats

So here we are, just 17 days away from the big day and I think we finally have nearly everything figured out, including the guest list. The guest list was a bigger headache than I anticipated. Let's just say it was tough to try to balance expectations for several people involved.

Here are some of the interesting stats:

Final number of YES RSVPS: 134

We really cannot hold more than 135 so this worked out nicely.

Number of people we were told would "definitely not" come: 14
Number of those people coming: 14

That was fun to get those RSVPs...

Number of people who never sent in their RSVPs: 24 (including a few in the wedding party)
Number of people who never sent in their RSVPs but are coming: 22

Number of times people RSVPed for more than who was invited or asked if they could bring a plus 1, their child, etc.: 5

This is so frustrating. If you've ever planned a wedding, you know what I mean by this.

Number of times I had to redo the seating chart for dinner because of additional RSVPs after the RSVP deadline (many of whom I was told would definitely not come): 7

Number of times I was asked to specify what the entree selections were so people could make their selection: around 20

Apparently some did not enjoy that we did not include a description with the picture. I thought it was a fun idea, but not so much for some. Trust me when I say they are all good :-)

Percentage of people who filled out the RSVP card correctly: about 60%

Many people put check marks next to their entree selections so we had to follow up with phone calls to find out who wanted what. It wasn't a huge deal but it was a bit time consuming.

Even though the process has been frustrating at times (and I sound kind of bitchy in the paragraphs above), we still cannot wait to see all of our guests on the big day. It means a lot to us that so many people want to be there with us to celebrate.

2 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

I hear ya lady!!! Don't worry about people bringing extra guests, I just put out the name cards and they had to figure out where to put their extras!

Also, don't let it bother you when there are a good chunk of people who were "for sure" coming but then don't show that day. Their loss. Maybe they're stuck in a blizzard in the Denver airport. :(

I also invited some of those who definitely won't come, they ALWAYS come.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Thanks lady! I'm over most of it now (except the most recent plus 1 ask) and just going with the flow. It will be a great day!

I hope the weather doesn't prevent you from making it :-)

XOXO!