Last weekend, I was in Fargo for
Kristen's (otherwise known as K to me, especially when I've consumed a few drinks) bachelorette party. Not only is Kristen my "longest friend," she is also one of my very best friends. See my posting about Kristen on her
birthday to learn more about our friendship.
Anyways, I flew into MSP on Friday night and stayed with Michelle (M - apparently I like to shorten names) that night. Despite getting a tad lost on Saturday morning leaving the city (who knew that 394 doesn't meet up with 94?) and getting pulled over outside of Alexandria for speeding (I was only going 75 in a 70 - luckily, I got a warning - thank you Officer Nice Guy!), we made it to Fargo in one piece.
The party was hosted by her maid of honor Michaela (little sister) and matron of honor Jen (Kristen's BFF). We stayed at a hotel downtown so no one would have to drive. The night started off with some drinks and catching up, since most of us hadn't seen each other in awhile. Then we watched Kristen open gifts and there was some "entertainment." (The entertainment was not a stripper - Kristen's mom, future M-I-L, and 12 year old cousin were there and we would never have put Kristen in a situation that would make her uncomfortable or upset.). We then finished up opening gifts before heading to dinner.
 |
| Opening some of her gifts. P.S. Doesn't K look hot!? I loved her dress! |
 |
| Some of the party-goers watching K opening gifts. |
 |
| My favorite gift from our friend Steph. SO CUTE! |
 |
| From K's mom for her honeymoon. It was part of a series of gifts for each night of her honeymoon, and each gift was more conservative than the last. Hilarious! |
 |
| Brookee and me |
 |
| K, Steph, M, and Shanna |
We then went to dinner. While the food was good, our service was not the best. Half of the table (me, Michelle, Steph, Brooke, and K's aunt and cousin) had the "good server" and everyone else had the "bad server." And she was awful! But we didn't let that ruin the night and we took this picture before we left.
 |
| Not the best picture but at least everyone is in it! |
After that, we went to a bar known for it's martinis. And let me tell you, they were yummy! And I don't even like hard alcohol that much. There was also excellent people watching both inside and outside the bar. Here a few pictures from that bar.
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| This is a group of about 15 Oompa Loompas. They did the Oompa Loompa dance outside the bar windows. It was great! |
We tried to go to another bar after that, but it was so pack because it was Halloween. We couldn't even get a drink so we went back to the hotel bar, where we sat around laughing, telling stories, and drinks Caesars (only in ND - love it!). At 1:00, we called it a night. Sunday morning, most of us went out for a yummy brunch before we all went our separate ways.
I got two new pictures with Kristen, which we definitely needed, seeing that our last picture taken together just us is more than two years old.
It was a great weekend and I am so glad I was able to attend. I am very excited to stand up as a bridesmaid for Kristen at her wedding in less than two months!!
No comments:
Post a Comment