Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Broadway Tour

As I've referenced in several past posts, I'm going to NY (my trip there ever!) this weekend for work. We are hosting a Broadway Tour for our alumni. We host about 50 tours around the world - most are international - every year, and this tour is one that we only have done once before (2008). Last time, we worked with a travel vendor to do all the planning, but this time around, we are doing it ourselves. Talk about a lot of work. Between nametags, menu selections, marketing, guest speakers, etc., there is a lot to do. I actually like all the details though. I know I'm going to enjoy planning Michael and my wedding someday :-)

Anyways, here are the shows we are seeing. I have a feeling I'll be "showed out" by the time it's over, but I still think it will be a good time!

Starring Kate Shindle (NU alum and Miss America 1998) as the Mad Hatter.
Wonderlandonbroadway.com
Based on the hit movie.

Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Starring Robin Williams.

Highly controversial new musical - and the most expensive in Broadway history. An NU alum plays a small role.


Produced by Bette Midler.
Broadwayworld.com



Maybe I should start a new weekly blog called "Traveling Tuesdays?" :-)

No comments: