Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Job Search = Over!

I'm skipping my usual Traveling Tuesdays (look for more next week) to share with you all some exciting news:

I have a job!

Last week, I was incredibly lucky and had opportunity to think over two different job offers. I am very excited about the one I chose. I will continue to work in the same industry I do now - alumni relations and development - but I will be working at an independent high school in the Twin Cities area instead of at a university.

The job itself really excites me - much more responsibility than my current job - and the "perks" of the job are fantastic: great salary, good benefits, free parking (that would have cost me $1,000 a year at the other job), free lunch everyday (apparently they are gourmet and delicious), and loads of vacation time, including Fridays off in June and July, a week at winter break, and a week at Spring break.

I start July 5, which is the same day Michael starts his new job, so it could not have worked out more perfectly.

I feel truly blessed to have found a job that I am excited about and know is a great next step in my career before the move this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for all your support and guidance! I guess I can now check "get a job" off my goals list for June :-)

No comments: