Two weekends ago, my great friend
Steph and her man got married in Turtle River State Park, just outside of Grand Forks. Steph asked me to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, which I happily agreed to do.
Steph and I met our second week of college at UND. We were in the same group for sorority recruitment. I remember we went to the same two chapters the last day of recruitment and thinking "I hope we join the same one" because I really liked her. Well, we did and we were very good friends in college. Fast forward ten years, we are still great friends. She is a friend I can confide anything in, count on to be excited about whatever news I share, and love me no matter what. I am happy to call her my friend and was so happy to be part of her and Ross' very special day.
Steph and Ross took a chance by planning an outdoor wedding in ND in late September, but it totally paid off. It was absolutely gorgeous!
I took some pics on Friday during decorating and at the rehearsal dinner. They are on my iPhone so I apologize that some are grainy.
 |
| Reception venue - loved the fire place (and we actually had a fire in there during the reception). |
 |
| My place setting. The little pearl accents on the namecards were adorable! |
 |
| More table. Loved the acorns. Her family collected them for her. |
 |
| Beverage and cake table. |
 |
| Engagement photos by Katie Lewis. |
 |
| The bride and me at the rehearsal dinner. |
I also took some pics on Saturday morning too.
 |
| Getting ready |
 |
| During her makeup session |
 |
| Just got into her dress - lovely! |
 |
| Steph and her brother Zach. I just missed capturing this moment so I asked them to recreate it. Zach kept saying "This is awkward, this is awkward" as I was snapping photos. Thanks for being a good sport, Zach! |
 |
| The bride and I just before the ceremony. |
Michael forgot my camera so I'm stealing
Kristen's (and Josh's) pictures from the ceremony. I was so glad Kristen and Josh made it. Kristen was the matron of honor, but since her little baby boy was due a week after the wedding, she opted not to wear the dress and walk down the aisle, knowing there was a chance she might not make it. And she did make it to the wedding. It was great to see her and everyone else.
It was a lovely ceremony, except for the fact I got stung by a bee :-(
 |
| Ross waiting for his bride. |
 |
| The flower girl stole the show as she walked down the aisle. |
 |
| Bride and her dad |
 |
| Husband and wife! |
And now for some reception pics!
 |
| Super cheesy smile by me here - not my fave. Oh well! |
 |
| Brookee and Brian. I finally met him! |
 |
| Chad and Michelle |
 |
| Josh and Kristen |
 |
| Michael and me. We are the only non-married couple left. |
 |
| During speeches. |
 |
| Some of the absolute greatest women I know. |
No comments:
Post a Comment