Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Weekend Recap

My sister Jessi came to visit last weekend. Jessi has hosted us in Fargo a few times, but now it was our turn to host her in our home in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, I failed to take many pictures (the ones I did take are a secret and will be revealed on a later post) so this is a picture-less post.

She came in on Friday afternoon and we ran to the grocery store before settling in for the night at home. We made homemade pizza, and it was delicious. Jessi doesn't really make it for herself because the recipe yields so much so we were happy to make it for all of us to share. We also made yummy Special K bars - delicious!!!

Saturday, Jessi and I ran some errands and crafted while Michael went to the cabin with his dad to do some closing stuff. When M got back, we went for a nice walk at Lake Harriet and then took Jessi to her very first Whole Foods. Then it was home for a yummy dinner of chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and goat cheese biscuits. M fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 (for the second night in a row) so Jessi and I hung out and watched TV before heading to bed ourselves at 10:30.

Sunday started with a 8am yoga class and then a big breakfast of eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon and sausage. Then we helped Jessi pack up her car and say goodbye :-( We can't wait to have her come visit again soon.

M and I spent the rest of the day outside, raking leaves (10 bags and most of our trees haven't even dropped yet!) and organizing the third garage stall. After a yummy dinner of steak and leftover potatoes, we hit the sack. It was another fast and busy weekend.

Jessi - next time, remind me to take pictures!!!!!

No comments: