Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Activity Advent Calendar Update


I will continue posting our Activity Advent Calendar throughout the month. Here are few more days worth of activities.

Day 2

The last time I made a gingerbread house, I was 10 years old. Let’s make one tonight.


This ended up being a really fun activity. I bought a kit b/c honestly, I just didn’t feel like starting from scratch since I haven’t made one in years. Michael and I decided to deviate from the recommended designs and do our own thing. The frosting was like toothpaste and a bit challenging to squeeze out of the bag but it did its job, and as of this morning, it was still standing. Note to self – do not eat the candy provided in the kit. Michael nearly broke a tooth when he tried to eat one of the candies.

Love the way this pic turned out using Instagram on my iPhone!
Be sure to turn the volume up so you can hear the video.

Day 3

We have still have some shopping left to do. Let’s try to get some of it done today! (Or better yet, let’s finish!).

We almost finished our shopping this day. We have my b-i-l and one more thing for M’s sister Amy and then we’re done! We were actually also really productive as well – five stores (including the grocery store) in two hours. Yay us! P.S. Banana Republic – turn down the heat in your store. It was a freaking sauna.

Day 4

I am so excited to make a stocking hanger with you so we can hang our stockings. Let’s do it today!

We actually didn’t do this on Sunday. Just too much other stuff to do. NBD – we can get it done another day. When we do, I’ll post.

Day 5

Rudolph and Frosty are two of my favorite holiday TV specials. Let’s watch them tonight.

This was so much fun last night. I love Rudolph, Frosty, the Grinch, etc. so sitting by our tree and watching these TV specials was perfect.

Day 6

I love our Christmas cards and am so excited that you and I are sending them out. Let’s address and stamp them, and get them in the mail!


M and I made our Christmas cards weeks ago and I've gathered most of the addresses so we plan to get them addressed and stamped tonight so they hit mailboxes soon. I'll share a pic of our card in a later post, once I know they've hit mailboxes.

No comments: