Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to my husband!

Today is Michael’s birthday. It is his fourth birthday we have celebrated together but the first time we haven’t been able to spend the entire day together – boo! Even though we’ll get to see each other tonight, it just does not feel the same spending the day apart.

Anyways, in honor of his birthday, below are my top 24 (for his age – yep, he’s 6 years younger than me – call me a cougar) favorite things about him.
  1. He is my best friend, my husband (I love saying that!), and the love of my life.
  2. He holds my hand.
  3. He writes me love emails, notes, etc. When we first starting dating, we used to write each other emails and compete about who could have the higher word count and number of emoticons. I so looked forward to those epic 4000-6000 word emails with 20-30 random Gmail emoticons.
  4. He’s insanely smart. He went to Northwestern – enough said.
  5. He’s brave. I mean, he asked me out at 21 years old. Gutsy!
  6. He is a great cook. The first time we cooked together, we made my grandma’s homemade pizza. Michael had not spent much time in the kitchen before then, but he learned that day that he loved to cook and he’s good at it. And now we cook pretty much every meal together.
  7. He's handsome.
  8. He’s a mind reader. I had dreamed up in my head what I thought was the perfect marriage proposal years ago and told one person about it. That person claims he never told Michael (and I believe him) but Michael executed it exactly. 
  9. He loves wine as much as I do (or more).
  10. He loves music, musicals, singing, etc.
  11. He’s creative. For example, he started our bucket list is on the back of a Ghiradheli napkin (those of you who attended the wedding know that) and it’s now more than 200 things long. I can’t wait to keep checking things off the list.
  12. He’s photogenic.
  13. He loves to read.
  14. His laugh is contagious (and when he can’t breathe because he’s laughing so hard, it’s hilarious).
  15. He loves what he does for a living. His happiness in his career really means a lot to me.
  16. We love to talk about our dreams – for life, careers, family, homes, etc.
  17. He keeps his promises.
  18. He’s impulsive, which is good for me because I am usually not.
  19. He’s friendly and now my friends are our friends.
  20. He loves my family.
  21. He helps me the clean the house. I know that sounds kind of dumb but it means a lot to me that we do it together.
  22. He lets me get away with my type A personality most of the time, but calls me on it when I’m being ridiculous.
  23. He’s a romantic.
  24. He loves me unconditionally.

Happy birthday Michael!





No comments: