Friday, October 22, 2010
Sunshines and Creeps
This week was one of those weeks where I had far too many Creeps. I like the weeks that are full of Sunshines! Ugh – thank goodness it’s Friday!!!
Creep to working last night (until 10), Friday night (until 10) and Saturday morning (at 8:30). I would like my life back please.
Sunshine to the fact that last night’s work event was at least somewhat entertaining (presentation and reveal of a time capsule from the 1970s, made by 20 year old men = hilarious!).
Creep to all-of-the sudden developing heartburn. It hurts and I can’t get it to go away.
Sunshine to spending time with Michael’s dad and sister this weekend.
Creep to sucking at sleeping again lately. I thought I was over this.
Creep to the total darkness I wake up to everyday now. It makes it really hard to get out of bed.
Sunshine to telling my Chicago friends about me and Michael, and for their support and excitement about us. I truly have great friends!
Sunshine to my friends Becky and JB’s “fancy party” Saturday night. I'm bring Michael (hence me telling them about us) and I know it’s going to be so fun.
Creep to getting a parking ticket on Thursday. The only stupid reason I drove to work was because I have to work some stupid event that night, which I found out about on Wednesday. GRR! (Btw – When I got this yesterday and was screaming about it to my coworkers, I was using a different word besides “stupid”).
Sunshine to my Girlfriend Johanne and her recent engagement to Jason. I am so thrilled they are engaged and I am excited to hear the details as they start planning their wedding.
Creep to all the road construction in Evanston. It seriously is RIGHT out my window and is super distracting. All I hear is jackhammers and “beep, beep, beep” when machines back up. And my computer screen keeps shaking. And there is no parking because of it. UGH!
Sunshine to work *hopefully* slowing down next week, and possibly even until the end of the quarter. As my friend Adam would say, that would be nice.
Speaking of Adam, Sunshine to talking to Laurie this week. Though there wasn't much of an update, it's always good to hear from her about Adam's current condition and any progress. She is so strong and I am thankful that Adam has her love and support everyday, since I can't visit him all that often.
Creep to my recent book selections. I need a feel-good book with no cheating/deaths/plane crashes/abuse. Any suggestions?
Sunshine to fun things next week: Lion King, seeing my besties, and celebrating at Kristen’s bachelorette party.
Creep to my office being so cold. Here is a list of my current attire: socks and tennis shoes with gray dress slacks (my feet were too cold in flats); a t-shirt; a long sleeve cotton pullover shirt; a fleece; and a fleece over my lap as a blanket. And I still freezing!
Sunshine to hitting the gym several times this week, but Creep to not being able to go Thurs-Sat because of work.
Sunshine for getting approval for vacation time around Thanksgiving, Christmas/NY, and late January for the Diamond Awards.
I hope next week's post will have more Sunshines and fewer Creeps! Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment