![]() |
| So pretty! |
Friday night, I had to work at my university's alumni awards banquet. Wow - was it a fancy event. It was held at the Union League Club in downtown Chicago. The ULC is a beautiful venue, and has the second best display of artwork in Chicago behind the Art Institute. My role at the event was to be a greeter for the 400+ guests decked out in tuxedos (black tie optional but nearly every man was in a tux) and fancy gowns, and help them make their way from the 2nd floor registration and cocktail party to the 6th floor for dinner. I met some great people throughout the evening and caught up with some of my favorite alumni as well.
I was done with that around 7:30 (I didn't have to stay for dinner and the program) so I went home and Michael came over. We ordered Chinese and then crashed since we were both exhausted from our long weeks.
Saturday morning, I woke up and went to my usual Spin class. Note to self - no more Spinning in shorts. I just
After Spin, Michael and I met his sisters and one their friends for brunch in my neighborhood. We went to Orange and it was pretty good. I had never been there before, and though it wasn't my favorite, I'd go back again. Between the five of us, we ordered three of the special pumpkin/pecan pankcakes (the girls) and two of the special eggs sandwiches (Michael and I). It was so much food. My favorite part of Orange was that they fresh squeeze all of their own juices. I got an apple-grape juice and it was VERY green and VERY good. Yum!
![]() |
| Juice making machine. We sat right by it so I kept watching it. It was cool! |
| Not the ones I made but they looked just like this! |
Sunday we walked through my neighborhood toward the lake to watch the Chicago Marathon. This is my third time watching the Marathon, and though I think it's awesome to watch, there is no way I'll ever run one. I just do not think I have the mental confidence to do it. Each year I have watched in a different place and this year was by far my favorite (maybe it was the company? <3). We were on a residential street in a shaded area around the 9 mile mark. Lots of spectators and many brought their pets so it was fun people AND dog watching (Michael and I still agree on the type of dog we want to get someday :-) ). We only saw two of my four friends that were running because there are just so many people. 38,000+ to be exact! But we enjoyed cheering for people and got many thank yous as we yelled out encouragement for people, especially those who put their names on their shirts. To anyone who ever plans to run a race like that someday - I definitely think you should put your name on your shirt. People will yell out encouraging words to you the entire race, and that has to feel good.
![]() |
| Yes, this is actually the start line at the Chicago Marathon. That is a LOT of people! |
Overall, it was good weekend and now I just have to make it through today since it's my last full day of work for the week. I have



No comments:
Post a Comment