Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kristen's Wedding - Part 3

The wedding (see Part 2 for update and pictures) was beautiful so now it was on to the reception. Immediately following the ceremony, everyone bundled back up because it was getting nasty outside. I rode with Michelle, Jordyn, and Michaela again and we made it back ok. It was really, really bad outside and I was a little nervous about Michael, Chad, and Michelle's mom in her car (sedan) but they made it to the hotel just fine too. In fact, everyone made it to the hotel safely and once we were all there, no one was leaving so that was good.

This was taken by some of Josh's friends on their drive to Fargo. Yeah, that's what the weather looked like pretty much the entire time we were there :-(
The reception was lovely. Kristen has a really great creative side and did a wonderful job with coming up with the decorative scheme of the reception space. I didn't feel like I was in a ballroom at a hotel, that's for sure. I didn't do the best job at taking pictures of the space but I stole a couple of pictures from others (thanks Facebook) to show you just how nice it was.
Chairs and tables. I thought the chair covers were a great touch. I will definitely be borrowing that idea from K when I get married someday. I also loved the black vases (Josh did those) and white flowers (Kristen did those).

The gift table.

They had these cute black picture frames all over with message to their guests, from free flips flops to the kids table to drinks at the bar. I loved it!

K did two tablescapes - the black vases and white flowers, and these vases with floating candles.

They also put up four real Christmas trees, which you can see in this picture of me and Michael.
We had a yummy dinner and cake and then we listened to the speeches. The best of the night was definitely Josh. My favorite thing about him is how much he loves my friend Kristen. They are so perfect together. He promised everyone in the room who wasn't married that he and Kristen would be at their weddings someday, whether it was "the 4th of July or in Guam." It was too cute! He also read the letter that he wrote Kristen and it was sweet. Following the speeches, we hit the dance floor for the rest of night.

The rest of the pictures I'm posting are from the night.

Just wanted to say congratulations again to the happy couple, Kristen and Josh. Thank you both for including me in your special day. Love you both!


Michael, me, Michelle and Chad

Instead of clinking glasses, we blew on the NYE noisemakers to get the bride and groom to kiss.

Kristen, Josh, and the cake

Josh's speech

Aren't the flower girl and ring bearer super cute?!


Gamma Phi Betas

Bride and groom on the dancefloor


Gamma Phi sisters


Me and Allers, Kristen's big sister and one of our sorority sisters

Happy New Year!

Me and Jordyn. Love this girl!

This was weird. Apparently it's a tradition at St. John's, Josh's alma mater. I still find it weird.

Me and the love of my life :-)

No comments: