M and I flew in on Thursday night and we were all excited on our drive to Steamboat. We stopped in Idaho Springs to eat at Beau Jo's, Michael's favorite pizza place. He was extremely excited and we were all starving so it was a hit. We saw a lot of wildlife (deer and elk) on our drive and this hilarious sign as well. It became a running joke throughout the weekend.
| The Finest Mexican AND Seafood Restaurant?! |
We arrived in Steamboat just before midnight but we were all too excited to sleep. This is where we stayed. It was a fabulous condo and we are thankful that Michael's family friends allowed us to borrow it for the weekend.
![]() |
| Please be sure you see the giant cow on the wall. |
![]() |
| M and my bedroom. |
![]() |
| Chris and Jami's Bedroom |
Friday we woke up and attempted to hit the slopes early. However, we were a little slow going and it took awhile for M and I to rent out skis. We were in the Gondola by 10 though so it wasn't too late of a start. I would describe Friday as a learning day for me. It started out rough, then got better, then got worse. We accidently ended up on a blue run (we were doing greens since it was my first time skiing, other than in Bottineau, ND in junior high), which did not go well. I may or may not have done the following things (on multiple occassions):
1. Broken down into hysterical sobs.
2. Wiped out.
3. Swore.
4. Asked Michael when "this nightmare was going to end."
| A picture of me happy that day. |
| Jami and Chris - so cute! |
Jami and I ended the day around 3:00pm and the guys shortly after us. We headed back to the condo and made my Dad's AMAZING red sauce and meatball recipes. It was delicious! We enjoyed a night of good food, drinks, hottubbing, and fun times!
| Michael has a knife obsession... |
| Yummy! |
Saturday we ate a big breakfast before heading out. It was definitely more crowded that day. Michael and I warmed up on some bunny hills, which was super helpful for me. I could tell what I was doing wrong and Michael helped me fix it. We were at the top of the mountain by 10 and this day went 10,000 times better. I only fell twice over the course of the day and I did 4 blue runs in addition to a few greens. Needless to say, I was excited, proud, and way more happy than the day before.
| Jami and me on the Gondola |
| All of us - what an amazing weekend! |
| We are going to make this an annual event. |
Jami and I finished around 2 and we let the guys hit the double black runs for the rest of the day. We were on the road to the Springs around 6:30 and home by 10:30. Chris made excellent time and drove the entire time. Thanks Chris!
Sunday, we spent the day playing with Kaden and hanging out with my parents. We went for a walk in a nearby park because the weather was so lovely and then out to lunch. Here's some pics of our walk and of sweet Kaden.
Chris and my dad drove us to the airport in Denver and we were home by midnight. It was a fast but extremely fun trip. I won't see my parents until Memorial Day weekend and I don't know when I'll see the S family again so I'm a little sad because I miss them all so much. It was a great weekend and I can't wait to make our Ski Trips an annual outing!







No comments:
Post a Comment