Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Invitations

Michael and I mailed our wedding invitations a few weeks ago and have started receiving RSVPs already so I share the finished product with my blog readers. 

Michael and I agreed from the beginning that we loved the idea of working with someone to design unique invitations, and not using a standard template off of MagnetStreet or from some paper vendor. We were also set on our colors and wanted to find a vendor that could match them when printing. Finally, we wanted to do letterpress invitations if at all possible. In fact, Michael was the one who pushed hard for this.

The creation of our invitations happened because of Pinterest...

Back in January, Michael and I were in midst of making big decisions about our wedding and we were still trying to identify our vision for the wedding so I was on Pinterest non-stop. We knew we wanted to incorporate wine into the wedding so when I saw a picture of a wine bottle with a personalized label, I pinned it. Later that night, I had a comment from a friend from college named Garon who said that she designed labels like that. 

Garon and I served together on a campus leadership board for the sororities in college. We are in different sororities but FB has allowed us to stay up to date on what is going on in the other person’s life over the past several years. I hadn’t seen or talked to her in years, so we set up a meeting so she could show me some of her past designs.

After that meeting, Michael and I agree pretty quickly that we wanted to work with Garon. I showed her some invitation ideas I liked and the colors and then she ran with it. She was so easy to work with and open to our many edits.  What she created is perfect and I absolutely love everything about them.

Garon helped us get our invitations letterpressed via a connection she had. Letterpress is more expensive than digital printing but Michael and I really love the look (and feel) of letterpress, and Garon was instrumental in making it happen for us. If we could, we would letterpress all our wedding stationary.

Anyways, here are our invitations. And I said before, we are in love with them! I whited out a bunch of personal info using Paint so I apologize that it looks like a 5-year-old attacked these with a white out marker. Most of my readers have already seen these but you never know who reads your blog…

Whole invitation suite - sorry about the poor quality. I took these on my  iPhone.

Invitation - I loved that Garon right-aligned everything. I also love the different fonts and colors. And course, the little squiggly, as I call the design on the top and bottom.  There will lots of more the little squiggly!

Accommodations card.

This is my favorite part of the invitation. I saw an invitation on Pinterest with the pictures and I knew I wanted to do it. Garon nailed it!


Mailing envelope. Michael's step-grandmother did all the addressing for us. 

Return envelope.
Garon is doing all the other paper products for us for the wedding too. I like to tell her that she is “branding our wedding.” Obviously, we think Garon is amazing. Seriously, if you have any design needs, I would highly recommend her. Check out her website and blog (our reply card is featured on it!).

73 days!

No comments: