Having a wedding
at Michael’s family’s cabin has afforded us a lot of flexibility in the ways we
wanted: we got to pick our caterer, purchase our own alcohol, customize our
ceremony down to every word, and have a tented reception to name a few things.
But having the wedding at the cabin has also meant that we have had to search
for every vendor on our own AND keep track of everything from appointments,
deposits, day-of scheduling, contracts, etc. It is A LOT! Here are all the
vendors/people we have (so far):
- Rental Vendor (tent, chairs, tables, linens, dance floor, lighting – we need to rent everything)
- Caterer
- Baker
- Florist
- Photographer
- Officiant
- DJ
- Ceremony Musicians (maybe)
- Bathroom rental (yes, we are renting porta-potties but they will be “fancy, luxury” ones)
- Shuttle service
- Getaway Car
- Stationery Designer
- Tuxedo Rental
- Seamstress
- Wedding dress/bridemaids’ dresses shop
That is all I
can think of right now. I am sure there are more.
I went to my
friend Becky’s wedding in August 2010 and I remember during her dad’s speech,
he said “This wedding is brought to you courtesy of Excel.” And since I am a planner and love Excel, I was all about using Excel to help me manage our vendors. I've already used it (in Google Docs - LOVE!) for my wedding research before we picked our location, the guest list, shower lists, etc. Becky was kind enough to send me her Excel file, which has been super
helpful since it's a timeline that was not just for people but also vendors.
Some of these vendors/people don’t appear on
our timeline per say, but they are still a vendor with an important role. I
have yet to work on our actual wedding day timeline, other than the hair and
makeup schedule, mostly b/c there are still quite a few unknowns at this point.
For example, I know my florist is delivering and setting up all the flowers for
the day, but I don’t know what time yet.
But I’ve worked
out Friday for now and here’s a little sample of what we’ll be up to the day
before the big day. I can’t wait!
![]() |
| I think my wedding day timeline will be in increments of 5 minutes...oh jeez! |
My goal is to use the timeline as a tool to help people, but try not be super rigid about it being followed exactly to the minute for everything little thing. For example, I want the wedding party to be on time for pictures, but no big deal if the toasts are 10 minutes later than scheduled.
Only 87 days to
go!

No comments:
Post a Comment