Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goals - September 2012

Michael and I got up at 5am to run this morning and I have a lot to do today so I am using this early morning time to get some of my things done, like blog :-)

I had a lot of wedding goals this month and if I didn't achieve them, well, then they just were not going to happen. Here's to hoping for more "regular" goals in the coming months.

Purple Bold = complete
Black Bold = incomplete 

Professional Goals – August 2012
Update reunion info on website. Done!
Execute successful golf event in two weeks. Pretty successful - still room for improvement.
Update my calendar. Not yet. Why is it so hard for me to do this?!
Update the strategic plan. Need to do that when I get back.
Recruit AF volunteers. Done.

Personal Goals – August 2012
Weightlifting three times per week.  I actually did this.
Cardio four times a week. We ran 5-6 days a week!
Establish weekly "to do" lists to help make the wedding to-do list more manageable. Done. It helped. 
One new recipe every week. Not so much. We did try a few new things.
Eat really healthy this month. I could have done better but the scale dropped quite a bit so I'm happy with where I am.
Finalize ceremony with Jill. Done.
Follow up with rental vendor. Still doing that :-)
Follow up with caterer. Done. Everything is finalized there.
Follow up with bus company. Michael's dad took care of that.
Utility site visit. Done.
Re-sand beach. Done - it was easier than I thought.
Finish DIY components of centerpieces, ceremony, reception, etc. This is about 10 things... Finished yesterday. Let me tell you that ribbon tying is not my forte.
Finish all stationery. Noticed a weird error on Sunday when printing so waiting to hear back from graphic designer on the fix. 
Wrap all gifts. Done (and by wrap, I should have said Gift Bag).
Update timeline. Done, but still doing so every day.
Make signage. Done.
Apply for marriage license. Done.
Follow up with those who haven't RSVPed yet. Done.
Write my vows. Done, but I probably need to edit just a bit.

Professional Goals – September 2012
Get a "Look who's coming" page up on our website.
Meet with rental vendor and chef for Reception.
Follow up with reunion volunteers once a week.
Update my calendar.
Update the strategic plan.
Finalize AF volunteers.
Finalize young alumni giving program.


Personal Goals – September 2012
Weightlifting three times per week. 
Cardio three times a week.  We are going to keep running at 5am. As much as I hate it, I also love it.
One new recipe every week.
Order thank you cards.
Start writing and sending thank you cards.
Read a book.
Have a "regular" weekend in Minneapolis.
Organize the basement full of wedding gifts.
Schedule day for apple picking.
Finalize plans for honeymoon.
Have a date night as husband and wife.
Make September 8, 2012 the best day of my life!

No comments: