Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Last-Minute Wrinkles

Everyone who is married has told me, from the get go, to plan for the unexpected the week of the wedding. So far, they were right. There have been a few last-minute wrinkles, but nothing we couldn't handle.

First, I found out yesterday that, while the tent is being delivered tomorrow, the draping and lighting won't be installed until Friday. Not the end of the world, but since we've been working with them since January, you would think they would have told us that by now.

Then, last night, we went to pick up Michael's tux, which came in a day early. Thank goodness we did - it wasn't pretty. I hate to say "I told you so," so I haven't said it yet to him, but I have been thinking all along that I didn't love the jacket Michael choose and it wouldn't look good. Well, I was right. It did not look good. I thought he looked like an orchestra conductor. Michael thought he looked like a carriage driver or a character on Downton Abbey. So 45 minutes later, we reordered new jackets for everyone (8 people) and they should be here today. Yay! Hopefully this more modern jacket looks better.

My family thinks I'm a total stress case about "big" things (and I'll admit, my track record makes me come off that way), but I feel totally relaxed right now. So we have to work around some people on Friday and order new jackets - no big deal. I am not sweating the small stuff b/c, by 5pm on Saturday, Michael and I will be married. And that's all that matters.

3 days!

No comments: