There are things I should be doing right now, but I just can’t make myself do anything (when you put in your end date at work, it’s hard to work…). To make myself feel a little more productive, I decided to take this survey that I saw on my friend Andrea’s blog awhile ago…
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I kicked myself with my spikes while triple jumping in high school and have a lovely scar on my right shin.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
Some framed art of flowers, a wall of family photos, and some mirrors.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
None of the above.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
I’ll listen to pretty much anything. I do enjoy Glee, but am currently jamming to Lady Gaga’s new CD with my office mate. We're both pretty much obsessed.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
3:17am
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To get a job. That would relieve most of my stress.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Naptime. Hated it in kindergarten but so wish I had it in my life now. Why can’t that be reinstated for adults during our workday? Also in that category are summers off.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Definitely the people in my life. If I had to pick a material possession, I’d say some love letters from Michael and pictures of my family and friends.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5 feet and 9 and a half inches
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Not really
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Not when I’m inside, but if I’m outside and there are no street lights and it’s so dark I cannot see anything, then I am scared.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
HR person from a job that applied for. I hate getting rejected.
13. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Losing more people I love.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark hair and any color eyes. Well, check that – any of the standard eye colors.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
I have no plans to propose. I’m a traditionalist in that sense and would like Michael to do that. When and where is up to him as long as it's just me and him (I would hate being proposed to at a sporting event. Great if that's what you want/had, but it's not for me).
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK
Coffee. I hate energy drinks. Unless you count Vitamin Water as an energy drink. Because then I pick that.
17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Canadian Bacon.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A filet – I love steak!
19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
Most people would say mine is pink but it’s actually purple now.
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
No.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
My parents had a cheerleading uniform custom made for me when I was 6 for Christmas. I still have it. I LOVE IT and hope I have a girly daughter who wears it someday.
22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
Yep. Lucky for me, he’s my boyfriend.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
No.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Gap or the Limited. If I could afford more J Crew, I would say them too.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
47.
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Why not both? And redheads and raven hairs?
32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
33. FAVORITE PLACE?
Pretty much near any body of water
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Yes – Canada, Mexico, Spain, Belgium, and the Netherlands. And Germany, but only in airports.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Anything sweet. I have no will power. Zero will power.
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
Joe Mauer. Clinton Kelly. Rita Wilson.
37. FIRST JOB?
Working on the farm. But my first job with a pay check was as a hostess at Applebees in Minot. Yes, I was very cool.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Sure, way back before there was such a thing as caller ID. Can kids still even do them anymore?
39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
Yes I do.
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
“working”
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
Wisdom Teeth removed and PTK eye surgery
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My personality
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
Nope
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
I just had my birthday so I’m not really thinking about bday presents yet. M and I want a puppy next spring so I’ll say that.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
Four – boy, girl, girl (I’d be ok with them being twins), and a boy. Boy are James Adler (Adler is Michael's middle name and a family name) and Colin Patrick/Patrick Colin (also family name - his mom is Patricia Collins). Girls are up in the air. I will always love Jurni and Jorja but they don't sound great with Michael's last name (Beadle). I mean, if I named my daughter Jorja Beadle, people might think she's a type of bug, or worse, bully her. I would never want to name my child something that could result in that. So I need to think on girls names. I do want to use my parents' names as middle names - Kari and Arden - because both could work for girls but if my dad doesn't love that, I'll use my maiden name. Note: I love my boys' names and if someone steals them, I'll be super sad so please don't. And I'm using them anyways so get ready for our kids to have the same name :-)
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not that I’m aware of.
47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Not listening. Smoking. Being obnoxiously drunk.
48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKE(D) ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
Change of Pace (show choir – we were not as good as the Glee kids)
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Garnier
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Not at all
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Boar’s Head Low Sodium Turkey
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
My road rage. Chicago has made it so much worse.
53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
I don’t think so.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes
55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
Not for me, and I’ve never really seen it work out well for people.
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Run, yell, cry.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Does my sister Jami count?
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Probably about 100. I did a purge recently and got rid of anyone I hadn’t talked to since college.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
Nope – before my time
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
On occasion
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Ooo, that’s tough. I think I'll say mashed potatoes but I do love mac and cheese.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Smart, good sense of humor, understanding, motivated, likes sports, musical (or likes music), adventurous, athletic, caring, sweet, loving, romantic
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Jen, Jen Pen, Leonard, Glick Chick, Boodi
67. FAVORITE “SUPER POWER?”
I am the office baker. I am also the “moral compass” of my office.
68. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
I love TV and it’s really hard for me to pick one show. It’s a tie between The Good Wife, How I Met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory. Thanks CBS!
69. WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES?
Forget about them
70. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Vanilla
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
Yes
72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
Yes but it’s a laptop so it can go anywhere.
73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Hair appointment, grocery store, clean for my parents' visit over the weekend
74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER?
Twin Cities
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Sure, but I won’t judge if they don’t. This is quite the time commitment.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
Still Gaga
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Water
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My boss
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Looks and sense of style (shoes matter, guys!)
80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Watch TV, yoga, cook, bake, read
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
Stupid “smart” people and road construction
82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR?
The months of August, September, and October – end of summer and beginning of fall
83. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY?
Tootsie Rolls
84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
Yes.
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Blonde with some lighter highlights
86. EYE COLOR?
Green
87. SHOE SIZE?
10.5 but no one really makes those so I usually squeeze into a 10
88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Culver’s
89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
Mortons (steak), Frontera (Mexican). I just really love cooking so I’d pick that over eating out nine times of out 10.
90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
No.
91. WATCH TV TODAY?
No but I usually watch the Weather Channel
92. FAVORITE DAYS OF THE YEAR?
Christmas Eve, the first nice day of the spring, the first day there is a “pretty” snow, any holiday that falls on a Friday or Monday so I get a long weekend
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
I can play piano and I’m sure I could play the saxophone again if I tried.
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
Moderate - socially liberal but fiscally conservative. My social beliefs outweigh my financial ones.
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
I love both, but there is nothing like a good hug.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
A birthday card for a coworker
98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE?
I hate that term. But if I could stay at home with my kids, I would in a heartbeat.
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It’s a fantasy novel that Michael loves and I am surprisingly enjoying.
No comments:
Post a Comment