Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Traveling Tuesdays - Vegas

I promise that I will one day finish blogging about my trip to Belgium. But for today, I'm going to blog about my recent trip to Vegas for my Girlfriend Johanne's bachelorette party.

I was supposed to arrive on Friday morning at 8am Vegas time, but stupid Delta cancelled my flight (this is my second bad experience with Delta in a row - no more Delta flying for this girl!) so I didn't arrive until 9pm (Vegas time) on Friday night. I was exhausted from waking up at 4am to try to Delta, but I rallied and went out anyways. There were 10 ladies on the trip, and I met about half of them before. We walked around the casino in our hotel, the Monte Carlo, for a bit, and some of the ladies gambled. Not me. I just don't have the desire to gamble. Maybe I will someday but for now, I'm good watching others. So that’s what I did. Once people were done losing money, we went to a club at the Aria. I hadn’t been a club in years and although my feet hurt, we had a good time. My favorite part of the night occurred when I tried to order a Sprite from the bar with my free drink ticket. “$7” said the mean bartender girl. I said “But I have a free drink ticket?” She said “It’s only for drink drinks.” So I got a free rum and diet. Weird! We ended the night with “4th meals” at Sabaro, Subway, and some Mexican place. When I crawled into bed at 2am Vegas time, I had been up for 24 hours.


The blonde in the middle is Andrea, one of Johanne's HS friends. This just shows how many people were in this club. Crazy! (also, please note the SUPER skinny girl to the right of Andrea - yuck! Give that girl a steak)

Sarah (Matron of Honor), Johanne, and me


Saturday we walked around the strip most of morning and went to the big mall. We spent some time at the Bellagio so I took some pics there.






I thought this was neat.




I was hoping to lay by the pool that day but that didn’t happen :-( We met just before dinner to do presents and a champagne toast for Johanne, which was lots of fun. She got some really cute lingerie and panties. Then it was off to dinner at an Italian restaurant in the New York New York hotel. We sort of had our own private room, which was fun, and we had a funny server, which made the meal even more enjoyable. After dinner, we walked just down the hotel to a piano bar, where were settled for the night and had a great time. The pianists even invited Johanne up and sang her a special song (it was dirty but still funny and she was a good sport about it). After 3 hours and several jello shots, we called it a night, but not before another 4th meal at McDonalds and Subway.

Pics from the night

Some of the ladies before we went out

Me and my GF

Me, GF, and Sarah (Matron of Honor)



Trying to do a BJ shot

Failing at the shot

Hilarious!

It's much easier to use your hands.

Girls with some random guy

Me with my roomies, Jenny and Heather
Sunday morning, I had breakfast with my friend Kristie from NU, who just happened to be in Vegas with her parents. It was so fun to see her and since she lives in Nashville, we only get to see each other a few times a year. Then it was a sad goodbye to my GF and new friends before heading to the airport and home to MSP and our house! M and his family had done a ton of painting and moving over the weekend and that night was the first time we slept in our house.

I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to Vegas, but I’m glad that I’ve been and experienced at least once in my life.

No comments: