Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a weekend!

Why oh why do weekends go by so quickly!? I wish they were at least one day longer. By the time I cram in errands, house stuff, exercise, etc., it’s 9pm on Sunday night and I still have a list of things to do!
As with all weekends, this one went by quickly but was a good one. Here’s a recap.
Friday – M and I went for walk around the lake and made dinner. We made homemade onion rings and bugers. YUM! We ended the night with a few episodes of Covert Affairs (love this show!).

Saturday – M and I made breakfast burritos, ran some errands, and then projected all day. I finally unpacked the bathroom, and several other boxes. M and his grandpa changed the lighting in the guest room (no more florescents!) and his dad helped with yard work. We primed the hallway wall for painting and hung some shelves in our room. M and I made steak, potatoes, and goat cheese biscuits for dinner but we hit a few snags. M didn’t know what medium well meant so my steak was a little overcooked, but still good. He also locked the oven door and our old thing decided it was in cleaning mode and wouldn’t reopen. So the goat cheese biscuits were an after meal snack. At 10:30. When we finally got the thing working again. We won’t be ever locking that door again!
Sunday – M and I made some French toast and ham steak, then went to IKEA for the second weekend in a row. I was impressed with our efficiency however – 25 minutes total from pulling into the parking lot to pulling out of the parking lot. We bought some picture frames (thank you for being cheap IKEA!) and a light fixture. Then it was off to Dicks because Michael desperately needed new running shoes. Then home again for more projecting – this time we painted the ceiling in the guest room and hallway and painted the hallway. Still need some touch ups but I am happy with the color. I also made some frozen corn, which I am so excited about. It was my first time doing it but my grandma’s recipe was pretty easy to follow and Jessi was also super helpful. I can’t wait for Thanksgiving so we can eat some! We had planned to go on our bike ride that day but all the projecting got in the way :-(

Dinner that night was pulled pork sandwiches and cornbread. The cornbread was a last minute addition but I found a recipe online and had everything for it so I threw in some fresh corn too. It was easy and quite delicious. And I don’t even like cornbread so that says a lot if I liked it. We ended the night with the last episode of Covert Affairs and hit the sack.

Next weekend, we are going to the lake, just the two of us. I am excited to have a weekend off from projecting and instead, relaxing with the love of my life.

No comments: