Thursday, August 2, 2012

Goals - August 2012

Wow – that month flew by. I feel like it was the 4th of July last week, not four weeks ago. We didn’t have that many “things” this month and yet, we were consumed by stuff. I am SO looking forward to being less busy post-wedding.

Purple Bold = complete
Black Bold = incomplete


Professional Goals – July 2012
Proposal for big reunion events. Done and approved (thanks goodness).
Check in with Golf event volunteers. Done.
Finalize design and print reunion invitations. Done and printing is currently happening.


Personal Goals – July 2012
Yoga Sculpt twice a week. I didn't go once the whole month. BUT I have been doing workout videos three times a week.
Cardio three times a week. Sometimes even more that than. I've started two-a-days Monday through Thursday at work. 
Deep clean the house. Done.
Work on Michael’s wedding gift. Done.
Private dance lessons. Done.
Finalize ceremony with Jill. Our schedules couldn't align - we are meeting next week.
Finalize music for ceremony. Almost done.
Send rehearsal dinner invitations. Done.
Finalize vineyards to visit in Sonoma. Nope.
Research dinner reservations for Sonoma and AZ. Nope.
Finish purchasing bridemaids’ gifts. Done.
Finish purchasing groomsmen gifts. Done.
Finish purchasing parent gifts. Just have Michael's mom left.
Order cake. Done.
Buy my jewelry. Done. Too bad my bracelet didn't fit, and I have tin wrists (or so I thought). BUT Michael's grandma makes jewelry and is fixing it for me. 
Pick up bridesmaid dresses. Done.
Hair and makeup trial. Done.
Keep working on day of timeline. Draft one is done.
Finalize centerpiece design. Done. Finally.
Buy centerpiece needs (vases, candle, candleholders). Just need to pick up a few more candles, then done.
Finish favors. One thing left so I'm counting this as done.
Select music for pre-ceremony and cocktail hour. Nope.
Work on DJ form online. Started it.
Work on caterer’s meal form. I can't do this until the seating chart is done. However, I did start a rough draft of that.
Finalize stationary with designer. Working on sizing now.
Fittings for my dress. I've had one. Two more in August.
Meet with rental vendor to discuss more logistics. Done, but I wish she'd get back to me with pricing updates.
Book restrooms. Done.
Collect corks from family and friends. Done.
Determine if more corks are needed. Done.
Confirm travel plans for all out-of-town attendants. Done.
Utility site visit. Happening next week.

And now onto August's goals. And let's be honest, there will be no personal goals for this month that are not wedding-related.


Professional Goals – August 2012
Update reunion info on website.
Execute successful golf event in two weeks.
Update my calendar.
Update the strategic plan.
Recruit AF volunteers.


Personal Goals – July 2012
Weightlifting three times per week. 
Cardio four times a week. 
Establish weekly "to do" lists to help make the wedding to-do list more manageable. 
One new recipe every week.
Eat really healthy this month.
Finalize ceremony with Jill.
Follow up with rental vendor.
Follow up with caterer.
Follow up with bus company.
Utility site visit.
Re-sand beach.
Finish DIY components of centerpieces, ceremony, reception, etc. This is about 10 things...
Finish all stationery.
Wrap all gifts.
Update timeline.
Make signage.
Apply for marriage license.
Follow up with those who haven't RSVPed yet.
Write my vows.

No comments: