Last week, I had two showers: one with my coworkers and one with my family and friends. I forgot to take pictures at my work shower but we had a wonderful time. And I could not stop eating the white bean crostini my boss made - seriously, SO GOOD!
Then this past Saturday, my aunt Heidi threw me a shower. She is my dad's youngest sister and is actually closer to my age than my dad's. We grew up around Heidi and now that she and I both live in Minneapolis, we get together every now and then. It also helps that we work in the same field. She has really grown up since she was the Heidi I knew as a little girl, and I am glad that we have grown closer over the years.
Heidi threw me a wonderful shower - it was totally perfect for me: classic and tasteful. Instead of playing games, she had me answer a question every time I was to open a gift. It was a fun way to share more about the relationship Michael and I have with one another. We actually kept the questions and asked Michael to answer them later, and his answers were all the same :-)
Here are some pics from the great day!
.JPG) |
| My grandma, sister Jami, me, sister Jessi, and aunt Heidi |
.JPG) |
| Grandma, mom, me, Jessi, Heidi |
.JPG) |
| Me and my awesome aunt Heidi |
.JPG) |
| Mom, me and my sisters |
.JPG) |
| Mom, me, sisters, and Grandma |
.JPG) |
| me and my sisters |
.JPG) |
| Me and my best friends Steph, Michelle, and Kristen |
I forgot to take any pictures with Michael's family. Oops!
.JPG) |
| One side of the lunch table (that sash I am wearing left my covered with glitter). |
.JPG) |
| Other side of the table, part 1. |
.JPG) |
| Other side, part 2. Michael's mom, two grandmas, and my grandma. |
.JPG) |
| Opening gifts. |
.JPG) |
| Everyone watching me open gifts. I haven't open gifts by myself in front of a large group of people since I was at my 8th birthday party. It was weird. |
It was a great afternoon and I feel really blessed for all the things everyone there did for me, whether it was driving/flying in from ND to the thoughtful gifts.
Only 38 days! HOLY CRAP...
No comments:
Post a Comment