Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - More Details

Last week, I shared most of our details, all of them related to our wine theme. This week, I want to share the rest of the details.

This is one of my favorite details shots from the day. My mom started  it by writing "Michael and Jenni's wedding is in 7 days" the weekend before the wedding when we were all up there. Someone changed it daily and then it was this on 9/8/12.


I loved my dress. I did some modifications to it - made the neckline sweetheart and took an ugly bow off the hip - but I have no regrets about my choice.






My shoes were Cole Haan wedges with Nike support. SUPER comfortable!


I purchased my earrings and bracelet off Etsy. The seller custom-designed them, based off the neckline of my dress. I probably ordered about 20 things from Etsy for the wedding - great resource for brides!




I asked our photographer take a picture of my hand, my mom's hand, and my grandma's hands with our wedding bands.



And a few pics of my rings and Michael's ring.



One my good friends, Claire, made these adorable timelines for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Thanks Claire!


Michael gave me this gorgeous (and heavy!) bronze plaque to put up on the cabin. I love it!




And isn't the cabin pretty!?

We made a sign so people would know where to go, though we had to move the cocktail hour inside the tent because of the wind.


As much as I said I didn't care about flowers, I LOVED my bouquet and how all the flowers turned out. Our florist did a great job!










The trellis looked so pretty too!




 Our cigar bar was a huge hit!









I may be biased, but I thought our food and drinks were the best wedding food and drink I'd ever had.














Our cake from Cocoa and Fig not only looked beautiful, but it tasted amazing too! One of my girfriends told me she's still dreaming about it :-)





We had lanterns all over the place because 1. they look cool and 2. they served a practical purpose.



The lighting and draping we had done in the tent looked perfect! Planning a tented reception was a little stressful at times, but 100% worth it. If you are planning your wedding, seriously think about investing in some colored lighting - it really enhances a space!







And lastly, our getaway car was a 1962 Rolls Royce. I will probably never be in another Rolls Royce again, but it sure was fun!



No comments: