Monday, December 17, 2012
Big News!
A few weeks ago in Sunshines and Creeps, I hinted at some exciting news. Well, now I can share it: I am taking on a new job.
A few weeks ago, my boss called me into her office on a Friday afternoon at 3pm. I was instantly nervous, as this is “the code” at my school that you’re being fired. I started freaking out in my head, but got over that quickly when she said that one of my colleagues has taken a brand-new position at the school. Then she offered me that person’s old job. Whew – not being fired, just promoted :-)
In my new position, I’ll be the Director of Annual Giving. I’ll raise about $1.2 million each year for the school. The job will bring more responsibility, a better title, and an office (I haven’t had an office in 3 years so I am excited about this!). I am excited about this opportunity and also nervous because it’s not something I have a ton of experience in (I currently do alumni/ae relations and the annual giving side of alums). Luckily, my predecessor will still be here so I can ask for her help, my boss has said I can go to conferences, order books, and sit in on trainings to help me. I’ll start sometime after the new year, when my current position has been filled. I will plan fewer events, manage more volunteers, and do a lot more strategic planning, all things I am excited about.
So there you go – my big news!
Labels:
Sunshines and Creeps,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats!
Post a Comment