Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Family Weekend at the cabin

A few weeks ago, my whole family joined us for a weekend at the cabin. Originally, Michael and I had invited Jami and her family down for a weekend. We had decided the third weekend in July back in February. We invited the others as well, but Jessi had a wedding and my parents didn't think they'd make it. Well, turns out Jessi's wedding was Friday so she came Saturday and Sunday and my parents were able to make it for Saturday as well. We had a great time with everyone there!

Michael, Molly and I met the S family on Thursday night and we went on a boat ride right after dinner. The kiddos loved it and wanted to go in the water, but we were not that prepared. Michael, Molly, and Chris ended up going in with two skinny-dipping kiddos - and they LOVED it! We had a bonfire that night with smores and a cigar.

Friday morning, we ate breakfast and then it was back on the boat. We =took the kids tubing, which was fun, and then swam for a good 30 minutes. The kids were in heaven and by the time we were back to the cabin, they were so tired and ready for naps. They each took 3 hour naps, which allowed us adults to do some swimming ourselves. I am trying to convince Jami to do a tri with us in the future but like me, she's not much of a swimmer, so we had swim practice. In 10 minutes, she looked great - she's so naturally athletic - and I definitely could see her doing on in the future. She has the athleticism for it.

Jami also went jet skiing, which was so funny. She wanted to go and then she kept screaming "I'm a weenie. I'm a mom. This is going to fast." It was idling. Michael went out with her and helped her get some courage to at least use the gas. I don't judge her at all because I am the same way, and I'm not even a mom. She went again Saturday and felt much more comfortable.

We took more boat rides and swims with the kids later in the day, and that night, the adults had a good time with dinner, drinking, and ping-pong. It was our Ski Trip group + Molly and we loved having Molly with us. Molly and Jami are so similar and get along great - there were so many laughs. We missed Amy, who is in Chicago for the summer.

Saturday, we repeated the previous morning: breakfast, boating, swimming. The guys and Molly ran to the local flea market for some Crocks (greatest shoe EVER at the cabin) and Jessi arrived while they were gone. Michael's parents were there by lunch, and my parents arrived shortly there after. It was a cooler day but we still enjoyed the water and sitting by the lake. Michael and I made a big dinner for everyone. After dinner, we took everyone on a boat ride/swim and my parents left around 9. Jami, Chris, Jessi, Molly, Michael, and I had a bonfire and ate smores.

On Sunday, it was a quick breakfast in the morning before the S family hit the road for a 7 hour road trip. Jessi left shortly after (her drive is only 2.5 hours) and once we cleaned up, we left around noon.

We had a blast and will definitely be making this a yearly thing. The cabin is such a great place to be with those you love!

Here's a few pics from the weekend - I wish I had more!

She poses just like her auntie :-)

Cutest. Swimsuit. Ever.

Jami getting ready to jet ski.






Kaden was all smiles every time we were in/near the water. He loves it!


Kynleigh ate Grandpa's corn. It was hysterical.

Auntie and Kynni

Where was Winnie in all of this? She was there, but thought the kiddos were dogs like her because she kept chasing them and jumping on them (they were just the right height for her). We tried to keep her busy and away from the kids but it wasn't always easy. Kaden mostly ignored her but Kynleigh would run to the nearest adult and say "Up. Up. UP!" to get away. I'm hoping they all like each other more next time they are together :-)

I'm trying to show Kynleigh that Winnie is not evil :-)

No comments: