Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birthday and Weekend Recap

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes last week. Birthday #28 was a good one!

Thursday night, M took me out for dinner at Wildfire. Despite his request for a quiet table in the corner, we had a very loud booth on the floor. Both of us were constantly asking the other "What?" because it was so loud. But as the meal went on, the noise subsided and we had a nice dinner. We worked on our Bucket List (now up to 130ish things, but we did manage to cross a few off) and enjoyed each other's company.

He was way too generous to me for my birthday this year, giving me:
He asked me to officially move in with him when we move to MSP in a few months. I, of course, said YES! :-)

My mom and dad gave me a Krumkake Iron, which I am super excited about, and some money for new running shoes. Thanks MD and DD!

Both sets of Grandparents gave me money, which I used toward a new phone. Thank you Grandparents!!!

Friday I spent the day running errands. I bought new running shoes and shoes to wear on my trip next week. I caught up on DVRing and went to bed early because I was so tired. Saturday, Michael had his big test so I waited patiently for him to be done. I went to yoga in the morning and cleaned most of the afternoon. I went to the mall near Evanston to kill time before I picked him up after his test and ended up getting some makeup, a birthday gift for Kaden, and a puzzle for M and I to do on a rainy/cold day. M and I made pizza once we made it to my place. YUM! We even got to watch the Twins game that night.

Sunday was a GORGEOUS day in Chicago! M and I went on a 6.5 mile walk (we love long walks by the lake) and ran errands. We bought iPhones and are now on a phone plan together. I told him this has been a big week for us and he's now "locked in" to our relationship since he gave me keys AND we now share a phone plan :-)

We also both played with our phones quite a bit and we agreed they were the right choice.The best thing about this iPhone is facetime/skype. Last night, he was in Evanston and I was at my place in Chicago but we were able to facetime and see each other while we talked. It was awesome! I also Skyped with my mom on my phone. I love it!