Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recipe - Coffee Cake

I have been saying for months that I will share some of my favorite recipes with you all and haven't followed through on it. So while I'm gone, I'm going do just that :-)

Today - DOT’S COFFEE CAKE

Ingredients
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg (3.75 oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 envelope Dream Whip (found near the pudding - comes in envelopes in a box - a 2 or 4 pack)
4 eggs
¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
¾ cup water
2 tsp vanilla

Cinnamon Topping
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Instructions

In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding, dream whip, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 6 minutes. Pour half the batter into a greased Bundt pan or long 16x4 loaf pan.

Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nuts in a small bowl and sprinkle half over the batter. Pour the remaining batter into the pan and cover with the rest of the cinnamon topping. Swirl with a butter knife if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.



Once you have this, you WILL become addicted to it's moist, deliciousness. Trust me - my whole family is!

The long pan can be a bit hard to find in stores, but they are available at Amazon.

***Funny back story on this recipe - apparently when Dot got it, she had to promise the woman giving it to her that she would never share it with anyone. When that woman died, she started sharing with everyone. I haven't met Dot yet (I will in May) but she's my kind of lady :-)

No comments: