Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Traveling Tuesdays - B and B Showers in ND

Last weekend, I headed back to ND for two showers: Kristen and I hosted a bridal shower for Steph on Saturday, and then there was a baby shower for Kristen (and Caleb - cute name, huh?!) on Sunday. It was a whirlwind weekend, but it was a lot of fun.

Steph, Kristen and I all joined our sorority at the same time (our 10 year anniversary is coming up) and have remained great friends during all those years. Despite me leaving all over the Midwest, these two, along with Michelle and Brooke, are my very best friends from college, and I am so glad that we all - i.e., ME - live closer now.

Kristen is the honorary maid of honor is Steph's wedding, but since her due date is just a week after the wedding, she is unsure if she'll make the wedding. We are all hoping she does! So she and I threw Steph a shower with friends and family. Here are some pics from the day (thanks K for letting me steal some from you):

Drinks and favors table

Cupcakes - Kristen made the toppers

Food table. Tea sandwiches, caprese salad, and cupcakes.

Kristi (bridesmaid) and Michelle working hard on Bridal Scattergories.

The bride!

College besties. Brookee, me, Steph, M and Kris. This is our first picture of the five of us in years.


Bridesmaids and the bride. Kris, me, Kristi (old coworker) and Kari (sister in law).
 After the shower, Brookee drove me to Fargo (thanks Brookee) so I could spend the night with Jessi. We had a lot of fun, just hanging out and watching HP 7 Part 1.

On Sunday, we went to Kristen's BFF Jen's for a baby shower, hosted by Jen and Kristen's sister Michaela. Everyone there for the most part was at Kristen's bachelorette party and/or wedding so that fun. Of course, we forgot to take a group picture that day but I did get a few fun photos.

Super adorable book cake.

People decorating onesies.

Steph working on her "peanut" onesie.


Jen and Kris. Loved that dress.

Gift opening.

I gave her a whale bathtub. So did Steph. Good job Target on updating her registery :-(

Cute little book box for Caleb, mad by Jen's husband Quinn.

Diaper bag.
It is really nice to live within driving distance of everyone for the first time in 6 years. It was a very fun weekend and I am so glad I was able to see my friends.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are way more on the ball than me...I haven't even uploaded baby shower pics yet!

So glad to see you last weekend!!