Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Hair

I have learned over the past 5 months of wedding planning that there are a lot of things that I know I DON'T want for my wedding vs. things I DO want - dress, decor, etc. The same is true for my wedding day hairstyle.

Here are my hair no nos: side bun (done it), down (what if it's windy), half up (see down), tiara or headband (they pitch my head and give me a headache), flowers (I am wearing a veil), tight bun (looks like I'm a ballerina), straight (not as pretty), curls stack on the top of my head (too prom-y), and I could go on and on.

Based on all my no nos, here's what I've learned I do want:

  • All pinned up
  • Curled
  • Side part
  • Something I can easily slide my veil into and take out
  • A little but not too much volume or "pouf"
I am lucky to have a hairstylist who will travel to the cabin to do my hair and makeup for the big day. We are planning a trial for later this summer. Here are some my pictures of hair inspiration.

Like the curls but looks like it would fall out

Pretty weave but is it too plain?

Can't see much - too much like the one just above it?

Probably my favorite one but I'm not sure how my veil would work for this

I actually wore my hair in this style for my GF's wedding in November and loved it.
But I don't want to do the exact same thing.
I'll keep looking and hopefully the stylist and I can come to a decision together.

108 days!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

I didn't do a trial hair run because it really isn't possible to do the same hairdo the exact same way twice. So be careful not to fall head over heels in love with how she does your hair on your practice run because it may not turn out the exact same way twice.

Makeup on the other hand, if you are doing it your self no big deal but if someone else is doing it definitely do a practice! You don't want to be Mimi on your big day :)

Can't wait!!

Jenni said...

Good points, Steph! Thanks for the recommendations!