Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Shoes

Since I am tall (5'10"), I rarely wear heels. And if I do wear heels, they tend to be 2" or less (the exception to that are all my pageant shoes, which are 4" or more - I haven't worn any of those in 5 years).

I have known from the get-go that I wanted to wear flats or small wedges for the wedding. We are getting married outside and the reception is in a tent outside so wear stilettos would just be dumb. I would be stuck in the ground all day long. Plus, with Michael being 6'2", wearing a flat or small wedge would make us appear (in my mind) more symmetrical as a couple.

I also knew this was one of those things that I didn't care about for the wedding. No one is going to see my shoes. I could wear Old Navy White Flip Flops and no one would know. My photographer will probably take a photo of them, but that's about it. There is no reason for me to get a pair of Jimmy Choos, Christian Louboutins, or Manolos. I'd rather spend that money on food.

I ordered the pair of flats below a few weeks ago, but sent them back after they didn't fit.

Nine West
Then I decided to see if I could find some white wedges. I found two pairs and have ordered both.

Cole Haan

Nine West
I'm also thinking that I could have my shoes be the "Something Blue," something I've seen several of my friends do. I just haven't been able to find any shoes that I like.

Anyone have any thoughts about where I should look for shoes (I've looked at Macy's, Nordstrom, Zappos, PiperLime, and Nine West).

Yesterday was the 4 month mark - only 121 days to go!

No comments: