Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Officiant

A big question for Michael and I early on in the planning process was "Who is going to marry us?" We wanted someone who knew at least one of us, if not both of us, and we didn't want an overly religious ceremony. Don't get me wrong - we love God, but we wanted to focus more on the idea of love and family. We also wanted someone who let us help him/her come up with what is said (our own individual vows to one another), do (and also "repeat after me" vow), not said ("I now pronounce you man and wife") and not do (unity candle).

We are really excited that a family friend of Micheal's family is going to marry us. She is a Minnesota Court of Appeals judge and just an awesome person. Seriously, I hope I am as classy as she is later in life. She shared with us a template for the ceremony last week and when I read it (on my iPhone at a Twins game), I got excited. REALLY excited! I turned to Michael with a big smile on my face and he said "What? Why are you so happy?" And I said "Because I just cannot wait to marry you." Reading the words that we'll say to each other and that will be said in front of our families and friends just overwhelmed me with happiness.

Only 115 days!

And just for fun, here's the vows scene from my favorite movie of all time :-)


No comments: